Building Leaders Out of Camp Korey
Camp Korey understands the valuable experience that our B.L.O.C.K. Program offers to our teen campers! We plan to offer this program to our older teen campers ages 16-17 in the summer of 2021, both virtually and in-person. Due to CDC restrictions, our onsite camper capacity will be limited to 10 campers. We will offer supplemental leadership programming opportunities virtually during our B.L.O.C.K. session to accommodate more campers. This program will focus on leadership, skill-based learning projects, and specific B.L.O.C.K. leadership programming (give-back projects, job shadowing, and more).
The 2021 B.L.O.C.K. Program will be held as a modified in-person and virtual hybrid program from June 21-24, 2021.
All BLOCK participants must meet these requirements to be eligible for the BLOCK program.
- Campers must have an eligible diagnosis
- Campers are between 16 to 17 years old
- Campers may not have a recent history of aggression toward others or self
- No indication of aggression that has led to physical restraint in the last year
- No aggressive behavior toward adults or peers in the last year
- Campers must have a minimum developmental age of 10 years old.
- There must be no indication of self-harm, suicidal ideation, or any suicide attempts in the past year
- Campers may not be considered if they are a 1:1 psychosocially
- No recent history of wandering or elopement
- Children must be socially, physically, and emotionally open and able to participate in group activities, communal living, the camp environment, and willing to participate in BLOCK leadership programming.
- All BLOCK participants are considered campers and must adhere to all Camp Korey policies, procedures, and rules. If a BLOCK camper is unable to adhere to these rules they will be removed from BLOCK programming.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email our Camper Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360.416.4113.
Opportunities for Alumni (18+):
July 18, 2021: Family Day Adventure with NOC Society (more details to come)