What is BLOCK (Building Leaders Out of Camp Korey)?
BLOCK is for former campers ages 16-18 years old who are interested in continuing with Camp Korey programs. Campers who are 16 can choose between participating in camp as a camper or move onto the BLOCK program. Campers who are 17 & 18 can only participate in the BLOCK program.
2020 Online Summer Camp Session 1 is for BLOCK Campers! Learn more here.
All BLOCK participants must meet these requirements to be eligible for the BLOCK program.
- All BLOCK Program applicants must be 16-18 years old.
- Applicants should have a qualifying medical diagnosis or be the sibling of a Camp Korey camper. Applicants who have attended a Camp Korey program in previous years must be in good standing.
- Campers in the BLOCK program must have a minimum developmental age of 10 years or older.
- Applicants must complete a full camper application and be medically approved by Camp Korey’s Nursing Director. If the applicant requires 1:1 medical and/or personal care, he or she may be required to provide his/her own caregiver.
- All BLOCK participants are considered campers and must adhere to all Camp Korey policies, procedures, and rules. If a BLOCK camper is unable to adhere to these rules they will be removed from BLOCK programming
In the event that your child has a medical or behavioral issue and needs to be sent home or to the hospital, the parent/guardian must be prepared to travel to Mount Vernon to resume supervision and medical decision making. For participants who are 18 years old, Camp Korey will contact their legal guardian or emergency contact.