In today’s digital age, it is important to stay connected with your family by planning family activities that disconnect everyone from their online life. Family outings can also be beneficial to the community when combined with volunteering or completing a service project. Together, the family as a whole has the opportunity to bond as they work to make the world a better place. Camp Korey knows the value of providing families with the chance to come together for joyful adventures—the benefits of spending time together helps shape future generations.
According to the United Way, research has shown that volunteering as a family:
- Helps families learn about social issues and provides a new perspective on the world
- Provides positive role models and passes on family values to children
- Provides new learning experiences and development of new skills for both children and adults
- Provides quality time for the family to spend together
- Increases interpersonal communication and the problem-solving abilities of family members
- Helps youth decide what they want to do with their life
At Camp Korey, we encourage our volunteers and parents to instill the volunteer spirit. We often have multiple generations of volunteers from one family, siblings and more come out together to help support our amazing camp programs. Often we hear requests from volunteers asking for a chance to bring their younger children out to camp to volunteer. In response, Camp Korey is hosting two Family Volunteer Days on April 25 and July 25. Learn more about our Family Volunteer Days and sign up today.